MILTON FALL FAIR FALL HORSE SHOW
BEGINNER / GYMKHANA & HUNTER SPECTACULAR
September 22nd & 23rd 2018
Horse Show Starts Time 9AM
Show Office Opens @ 7AM
Horse Show Info:
- Equine Canada & Halton Agriculture Rules Apply www.equinecanada.ca
- NEW FOR 2018 *** All Equine Exhibitors must an OEF membership OR provide proof of liability insurance ($2,000,000 Minimum) with policy number, Name of Insurance Company and expiry date on entry forms. Photo copies of OEF membership / OEF# accepted for equine classes/shows.
- Dress code – Proper riding attire and approved helmets required. Helmets must be worn at all times while mounted.
- All horses/ponies & exhibitors must enter through Thomas Street Gate
- ***NEW for 2018*** All Exhibitors will pay full gate admission to grounds.
- No refund without vet/ferrier/Dr’s certificate or scratch fee will apply
- Committee reserves the right to change or alter program. Classes must have a minimum of 3 entries to run or division will be combined where possible.
- All riders/horses/ponies must be in a safe controlled manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and immediate removal from fairgrounds.
- Anyone excused by the judge must leave the ring immediately. Riders will be allowed 2 refusals before elimination from class. Riders may take 1 courtesy fence before exiting ring at judge’s approval.
- Competitors MUST have a representative present at the awards presentations in order to receive your prizes & prize money.
- Hunter over fences will be run in a back to back format.
- Un-judged schooling trips will be run back to back with Hunter divisions.
- Milton Fall Classic Costume Class – Open to Horses/Ponies Only. Horse/Pony may be ridden or lead. If mounted riders MUST wear helmets. This class is open to all competitors. Prizes & Ribbons for the best costumes will be awarded 1st-6th. This class is a must we’ve had exceptional turnout over the years.
- NEW FOR 2018 – GYMKHANA DIVISION This division is strictly for fun. We will offer 4 fun classes open to all ages & all disciplines. Classes will be set very simple for all levels, and to keep it a fun & positive experience.
- Pole Bending – this will be a timed event, each competitor will get a chance to weave through 4 spaced out standards & race back to the finish line.
- Barrel Racing – We will be using 2 barrels in a simple pattern.
- Obstacle Course – Riders will be given a simple pattern laid out of obstacles & fun activities for horse & rider (No Jumping Involved)
- Spoon N Egg – Each Competitor will be given a spoon N egg and will be judged as a flat class, riders will be judged on balance, equitation & who’s able to keep that egg on the spoon.
- My First Hunter Classic – Eligible entries will be those entered in the 18" hunter division. Formal attire optional. This will be judged & scored as a regular hunter classic. Riders may ride multiple horses/ponies provided they are eligible.
- HANDY HUNTER CLASSIC
This year we will run a classic for all 3 Hunter Heights.
Judging: Each competitor receives a score with 2 components up to a maximum of 110:
- Hunter score (out of 100) - The class is judged as a hunter class with a score
- Handy bonus (up to 10 bonus points) – Efficiency of stride (e.g.; less strides, leave out strides), unique turns and approaches, inside turns, slices, athleticism and boldness (e.g., big gallop to jumps), impressionable start and finish
Jumps: Class will run at 3 heights: 2’3, 2’6 & 2’9” & pinned individually.
Rider must enter/compete in 1 entire hunter division in order to enter. Riders may only compete in the highest height of the division entered in. Riders may ride multiple horses/ponies provided they are eligible. Formal attire optional.
Will be run back to back with Hunter rounds.
Horse Show Entries:
You can also find us on facebook & Instagram – www.facebook.com/miltonfairfallclassic
Hunter Warm-up - $10.00
Regular Hunter Class - $15.00
Handy Hunter Classic - $20.00
My First Classic - $15.00
Youth Beginner Classes - $5.00
Gymkhana Classes - $5.00
Costume Class - $5.00
Open Beginner - $10.00
18” Hunter - $10.00
Scratch fee - $20.00
Beginners – Ribbons & Prizes to 6th
Costume Class - Ribbons & Prizes
Gymkhana - Ribbons & Prizes
My First Classic - 1st $40 2nd $35 3rd $30 4th $25 5th $20 6th $15
Hunter Classes (Hack, 2'3, 2'6, 2'9) - 1st $30 2nd $25 3rd $20 4th $15 5th $10 6th $5
Handy Hunter Classic - 1st $50 2nd $45 3rd $40 4th $35 5th $30 6th $25
Champion & Reserve Champion awards for each division.
LOTS OF PRIZES TO BE WON!!
Horse Show Judge: TBA
Horse Show Photographer: ATHVK Photography
Horse Show Sponsors:
A HUGE THANK YOU to our Generous Sponsors:
Ash Blue Equestrian www.ashblue.ca
Bahr Saddlery www.bahrsaddlery.com
Tambercreek Equine Service www.tambercreekservices.com
Greenhawk Harness & Supply www.greenhawk.com
Omega Alpha www.omegaalpha.ca
Health Equine Therapies www.healthequinetherapies.ca
Wheelbarrow Orchards www.wheelbarroworchards.com
Laughton Training & Sales www.laughtontrainingandsales.net
Southern Equine Distributing southernequinedistributing.com