Class 2A Sport Pony
Chairperson: Don Heath 905-878-4286
Committee: Kathy Galbraith, Joanne Heath, Kevin Palmer, Laurie Palmer, Jane Richardson, Joanie Sachau, Ken Vivian
Judge: TBA-Judged on Saturday, September 22, 2018 commencing at 12:00 pm!
- No Cross Entries permited.
- **NEW FOR 2018** ALL EXHIBITORS WILL PAY FULL GATE ADMISSION TO GROUNDS. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY PERCENTAGE DEDUCTED FROM PRIZE WINNINGS.
- Please submit entries prior to September 14, 2018 or a $10.00 administration fee will be charged on Fair Day.
- No entries after 11AM of Fair Day!
**Provide a photocopy of OEF Membership or proof of $2,000,000 Liability Insurance Coverage**
ALL COMPETITORS MUST ENTER THROUGH THOMAS STREET GATE
2018 SPORTPONY STARSEARCHCHAMPIONSHIPS- QUALIFIER
In order to qualify to compete at the 2018 Royal Sportpony Starsearch, a pony must compete and qualify at a listed 2018 qualifier show.
The first place in each of the 6 in hand classes at the qualifying shows are eligible to enter to qualify for the SPORTPONY STARSEARCH CHALLENGE CUP, held at the Royal Winter Fair in November 2018. Both under saddle classes also qualify for each respective class. Ponies MUST measure 14.2 hands or under. Passport and registration are not necessary to participate, nor must the pony be a registered Sportpony. All Sportpony type ponies are eligible to enter qualifying shows if they meet that show's rules.
Adults CAN ride a pony. Stallions may NOT be handled or ridden by children at the Royal Winter Fair, but may be at the qualifying show's discretion.
If the first place pony has already qualified at a previous show in 2018 then the second place pony becomes the qualifier. Once qualified a pony may still show at any of the qualifying shows but may only qualify once in 2018.
To compete in the 2017 Sportpony Finals at the Royal, an entry MUST be made prior to the closing date and accepted by the Royal entry department. See www.royalfair.org for entry forms, closing dates, rules & regulations.
*Ponies qualifying after the Royal closing dates MUST submit a competed Royal entry form before the Royal entry closing date. If these entries are not qualified at the late shows the entry will be returned and no entry money will be charged. Due to late entries being sent this rule will be STRICKLY ENFORSED BY THE ROYAL. **ALL PONIES MUST BE ENTERED BY THE ROYAL SPORTPONY CLOSING DATE.
The SPORTPONY STARSEARCH CHAMPIONSHIP prize money and cooler are sponsored by DENWORTH EQUINE MANAGMENT. The winner will be awarded the perpetual MORTON SPORTPONY CHALLENGE CUP and a silver keeper plate sponsored by MORTON STABLES.
|Section 1, 2, 3, 5,6,7||$30, $25, $20, $15, $10|
|Section 10, 11 and 14||$40, $35, $25, $20, $15|
|Section 12, 13||$55, $45, $35, $30, $25|
|Section 9: Champion Ribbon sponsored by Morton Stable. Reserve Champion Ribbon(Milton Fair)||Ribbons Only|
- Foal of current year.
- Yearling, colt, filly or gelding.
- Two year old colt, filly or gelding.
- Junior Champion & Reserve (Eligilble are 1st & 2nd place of Section 1, 2 & 3)
- Three & over mare.
- Three & over gelding.
- Three & over stallion.
- Senior Champion and Reserve (Eligible are 1st and 2nd place in Section 5, 6 & 7)
- Grand Champion (Eligible are Junior & Reserve Champions and Senior & Reserve Champions)
- Hunter suitability under saddle. Three years & over mare, stallion or gelding. Walk, trot, canter.
- Dressage suitability under saddle. Three years & over mare, stallion or gelding. Walk, trot, canter.
- Open Pleasure- Driving.
- Open Working- Driving.
- Open Reinsmanship- Driving.